finally its working, but still no authentication againts AD

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Oct 7 21:29:13 CEST 2008

>That tells you to use Cleartext-Password.
>
>>but i have the same issue
>>check my radius debug ,
>
>And you have used...
>
>>[pap] login attempt with password "test"
>>[pap] Using CRYPT encryption.
>>[pap] Passwords don't match
>if i disable pap i believe freeradius is not going to run
>besides in the manual there is no places talling that enable or disable pap
>or mschap :-/

No, the manual doesn't say anything about enabling pap or mschap. So,
why are you talking about it?????

The manual instructs to use CLEARTEXT-PASSWORD. It doesn't say USE CRYPT
PASSWORD. There is a reason for that. mschap doesn't work with crypt
passwords.

The problem you have is nothing to do with pap or mschap. It comes *only*
and *only* because you are not doing what manual instructs (using
Cleartext-Password).

>anyway i have a coin to show
>
>as the manual said ----
>
>Start the server and use a test client to send an MS-CHAP
>authentication request.  The radclient cannot currently
>be used to send this request, unfortunately, which makes testing a
>little difficult If everything goes well
>

>-------
>
>i believe everything is going well , but what client i have to use to test if mschap with AD succefully
>is working as the guide ?.

It's not going well but I think that you will get the message: use
Cleartext-Password!!! For testing with mschap requests you can use
JRadius Simulator.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP