Install error

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Oct 8 20:09:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I have these "fail" alll over the place in my configure. Attached.

read the WARNINGS - they are only WARNINGS and not failures.
do you need any of the following?

> ./configure >> error
> configure: WARNING: snmpget not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl may
> not work
> configure: WARNING: snmpwalk not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl
> may not work

do you want simulatneous-use etc? if so, install snmp-utils

> configure: WARNING: pcap library not found, silently disabling the RADIUS
> sniffer.

do you want to use radsniff? if so, install libpcap and libpcap-devel

> configure: WARNING: the TNCS library isn't found!
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_tnc.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tnc requires:  -lTNCS.

are you planning on using TNC? if not, then dont worry. if so, then
install the latest beta TNC package

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_ikev2.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_ikev2 requires:  libeap-ikev2
> EAPIKEv2/connector.h.

likewise. are you planning to use IKEv2 ?

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_iodbc.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_iodbc requires: libiodbc isql.h.

wanting to use IODBC? if not, dont worry

> configure: WARNING: MySQL libraries not found. Use
> --with-mysql-lib-dir=<path>.
> configure: WARNING: MySQL headers not found. Use
> --with-mysql-include-dir=<path>.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_mysql.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_mysql requires: libmysqlclient_r
> mysql.h.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_postgresql.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_postgresql requires:  libpq-fe.h libpq.

were you planning on using mysql or postgres DB? if so, then install
the required mysql-devel or postgres-devel + the relevant server RPM

> configure: WARNING: oracle headers not found.  Use
> --with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_oracle.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_oracle requires: oci.h.

likewise for oracle

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_unixodbc.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_unixodbc requires: sql.h.

and for unixodbc (install unixodbc + devel package if you want it)

aside from the database support (which most people use) very few people
want or need TNV or IKEv2 - and likewise, I'd say less than 10% need
the SNMP stuff...and very very few people spend time with radsniff
(you can tell from some of the debug/error reports we get on this list!
;-) )

alan