AW: Problem with ntlm_auth

Frederik.Niedernolte at Bertelsmann.de Frederik.Niedernolte at Bertelsmann.de
Thu Oct 9 13:22:49 CEST 2008

So to understand you right:

Every user that should be authenticated has to be an entry in the users file?

Isn't it possible to add an forwarding for every user so that all requests are just forwarded and checked?

If not I must add all users from the AD to the users file, mustn't I?

Von: freeradius-users-bounces+frederik.niedernolte=bertelsmann.de at lists.freeradius.org [mailto:freeradius-users-bounces+frederik.niedernolte=bertelsmann.de at lists.freeradius.org] Im Auftrag von Syed Anwarul Hasan
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. Oktober 2008 13:16
An: FreeRadius users mailing list
Betreff: Re: Problem with ntlm_auth

And also don't remove ntlm_auth from authenticate section of both default and inner-tunnel files.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Syed Anwarul Hasan <syedanwarulhasan2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, Where are USER CREDENTIALS stored, the one descibed in the Manual is Bind as User. That is USer Entry is added in Users file and after using ntlm_auth, it is checked against a Active Directory or LDAP server backend using NT Lan manager Authentication Protocol.

For example:
Users file:
User      Auth-Type :- ntlm_auth

In Active Directory
User should be a member.

So, then ntlm_auth requests will be passed from your Server to Active Directory or LDAP Server.

Otherwise you will not setup ntlm_auth.

SYED