eap md5 and cisco 1250 ap?

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Sat Oct 11 16:23:40 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 03:10:31PM +0100, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
:hi,
:
:if you just install eg 2.1.1 straight over 2.0.5
:then it will not have changed or tocuhed any of
:your existing/modified files in your raddb directory.

this is a fresh install, the previous version was 1.1.7 and located in
a completely different place.  I've since delected that old install to
be doubly sure and removed tne last install of 2.1.1 (rm -rf raddb,
and the binary files, libraries and even logs and documentation).

After removing my build directory and unpacking a fresh tar ball:

./configure --enable-strict-dependencies --without-rlm_eap_tnc
--without-rlm_sql_oracle --without-rlm_sql_unixodbc
make make install

<add user>
# grep jon /usr/local/etc/raddb/usersjon	Cleartext-Password :=
"password"

I'm still seeing the odd PAP config, which is perhaps killing the
athentication (noops removed for brevity):

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 35273,
 id=127, length=55
 User-Name = "jon"
 User-Password = "password"
 NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.32.34
 NAS-Port = 0

+- entering group
authorize {...}
++[preprocess] returns ok
[suffix] No '@' in User-Name = "jon", looking up realm NULL
[suffix] No such realm "NULL"
++[unix] returns updated
[files] users: Matched entry jon at line 1
++[files] returns ok
++[pap] returns updated
Found Auth-Type = PAP
+- entering group PAP {...}
[pap] login attempt with password "password"
[pap] Using CRYPT encryption.
[pap] Passwords don't match
++[pap] returns reject
Failed to authenticate the user.