Beginner Help Compile.

Tomas D tod018 at londonmet.ac.uk
Sun Oct 12 11:45:38 CEST 2008

> Hi, All
> I am about to compile per (freeradius 2.1.1 server)  INSTALL doc on my
> Debian Lenny-AMD64 uptodate system.  I have seen Debian put things in
> non-standard places. Are there any gotcha's I should be aware of????
> --
> What else should I read first?

Hi, I have compled my radius from the source, if you want to see what will
be installed do;
./configure --prefix=/your/destination && make && make install
then go to /your/destination and this is what is installed under / when no
--prefix is specified.
To get my radius working (I've only checked for radiusd -X) from
/your/destination I added echo "/your/destination/lib" >
"/etc/ld.conf.so.d/radius" and run ld

hope this helps

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo