One user - Different Service Type depending on NAS

Mats Blomgren B mats.b.blomgren at ericsson.com
Mon Oct 13 10:51:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have about 6 people working with Network Administration.

3 of the users should have full access (read/write) to the network (94
Extreme Switches). This is straight forward.
The other 3 should have read/write to about 80 switches and read only to
the last 14.

I understand that I can group devices in huntgroups and users in groups
and then control the access.

The problem I have is that I don't know how to give a certain user a
specific "Service-Type" depending on the NAS he/she tries to connect to.
I want the Service Type do differ for certain users depending on the
NAS.
Admin should always have read/write access to all switches and the
others should have "read" on some switches and "read/write" on some.

The Service type for Extreme Switches are as follows:
Service-Type = Login-User (Read Only)
Service-Type = Administrative-User  (Read/Write)

Best Regards

Mats Blomgren