SQL Query question

andreiv andrei20blond at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 17:15:51 CEST 2008

tnt-4 wrote:

>>I'm not using copy-acct-to-home-server yet. I have another question.
>>Can copy-acct-to-home-server still help me to sync DBs if the 2 radius
>>servers
>>are online but one of them losses its connectivity with the DB ?
>>

> No. But then authentication will fail too. I am not sure if buffered-sql
> virtual server will queue requests when sql connection fails.
>
> You might want to look at setting up robust proxy accounting (also in
> raddb/sites-available) which uses new features and requires bit more
> setting up.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

I don't use authentication.
I'll give you the full description of my system and maybe you think of a
solution without modifying the source code:
A client sends only Accounting Start Requests(the same request for the 2
servers) to my 2 radius servers (geographically separated). The requests are
send to separate DBs. I need to sync the DBs in the following situations:
1. one radius server goes down. on restart the DBs must sync
2. one servers loses connectivity to its DB. when the connection is
reestablished the DBs must sync.
I thought it could be possible to execute a stored procedure on these 2
cases. ( upon restart and upon reestablishing the connection).