using radtest as a different client..

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Thu Oct 16 14:51:37 CEST 2008

Hello ,
I just wonder if i can use radtest command as testing from a different
client?
Such as,
Assume i have a client conf for 1.1.1.1 ip add.  in my freeradius(2.2.2.2)
server.
And from 3.3.3.3 client(lets call client3)  i am trying to test the
connection.like
radtest user pass 2.2.2.2 10 secret ?????? ?????

There is two optional parameters as i see on man page. PPPhint and nasname.
Is it possible to test from client1 as is it is from client2 like
 radtest user pass 2.2.2.2 10 secret 3.3.3.3
If not, what is the purpose of nasname parameter??
Why i need is ,
I wanna have server with 2 interfaces and there are 2 different chilli
processes are working which authenticates from 2 different virtual
freeradius servers.
So maybe i can figure out the different client problem via nasnames??
Or not..