What Have I missed out?

Martin MacLeod-Brown mmacleod at london.edu
Fri Oct 17 10:58:30 CEST 2008

Hi there,
	Im trying to get a basic radius set-up working and could do with
a sanity check as it is not working?

Steps taken so far

1) Default radius install on Unbuntu server (apt-get install freeradius
freeradius-ldap)
2) In radiusd.conf - configure LDAP server properties in the modules
section

ldap {
                server = "ldap-master.london.edu"
                identity = "cn=NetworkAuth,ou=People,o=london.edu,o=lbs"
                password = *********
                basedn = "ou=People,o=london.edu,o=lbs"
                filter = "(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
                base_filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"

Uncommented the following line:

# ldap

File: /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf - Authentication Section.

Uncommented the following three lines:

# Auth-Type LDAP {
#      ldap
# }

File: /etc/freeradius/users

Find:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
        Fall-Through = 1

Replace with:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = LDAP
        Fall-Through :=1

File: /etc/freeradius/clients.conf

client 127.0.0.1 {
        secret         = testing123
        shortname      = localhost
        nastype        = other
}

Now when I try to test I get the following error

radclient: no response from server for ID 80
Looking in the radius.log - I get no output at all from a tail -f
command

Putting the server into debug mode I get

root at morpheus:/etc/freeradius# radiusd -X
The program 'radiusd' can be found in the following packages:
 * radiusd-livingston
 * yardradius
 * xtradius
Try: apt-get install <selected package>
bash: radiusd: command not found

This is now making me thing I have not installed it properly?

Any pointers gratefully received :-)

Thanks

Martin

Martin Macleod-Brown | Infrastructure Engineer - Networks & Security
Infrastructure Team
London Business School | Regent's Park | London NW1 4SA | United Kingdom
Switchboard +44 (0)20 7000 7000 | Direct line +44 (0)20 7000 7772 |
Mobile +44 (0)796 690 7772 | Email mmacleod at london.edu

www.london.edu | London experience. World impact.

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System
on behalf of the London Business School community.