authenticate windows pc to samba/openldap

alois blasbichler alois.blasbichler at sb-brixen.it
Fri Oct 17 12:50:25 CEST 2008

Hello list

I want to let authenticate the computer-account to radius - naturaly
only computers who are in my samba-domain and also stored in my
openldap-db like
a laptop :
uid=inf-lap-1$,ou=samba-computers,dc=sb-brixen,dc=it

but from radius i get an error that this laptop was not found - is
this a impostation of my client ?
What can i do ?

here my log
by and thanks
luis

[suffix] No '@' in User-Name = "host/inf-lap-1", looking up realm NULL
[suffix] No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
++[control] returns noop
[eap] EAP packet type response id 10 length 73
[eap] No EAP Start, assuming it's an on-going EAP conversation
++[eap] returns updated
++[files] returns noop
[ldap] performing user authorization for host/inf-lap-1
WARNING: Deprecated conditional expansion ":-".  See "man unlang" for details
         expand: (uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}) ->
(uid=host/inf-lap-1)
         expand: dc=sb-brixen,dc=it -> dc=sb-brixen,dc=it
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: performing search in dc=sb-brixen,dc=it, with filter
(uid=host/inf-lap-1)
request done: ld 0x8180140 msgid 5
rlm_ldap: object not found or got ambiguous search result
[ldap] search failed
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
++[ldap] returns notfound
++[expiration] returns noop