understanding FreeRADIUS

Tom D. Davidson me at tomdavidson.org
Fri Oct 17 18:26:11 CEST 2008

>>I follow. The project we are investigating is web service based. Was
>>thinking of an web service api rather than the sql schemas.
>>

> And web service is getting information from ... You can make a
> perl/php/whatever client for the web service and get the data that way.
> But why don't you make it available to freeradius directly?

Hello Ivan. For our application, the web service would only be to push
policy to the data store. FR would have normal access to the data
schema. Now that Im understanding a bit better, I will look in to our
web app setting policy to openLDAP  for FR to reference with a NAS
requests authorization.

Only the NAS need to speak FR, the rest of the system can talk
directly to the data store, correct?
-tom