group variable

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Oct 21 00:23:21 CEST 2008

>Thanks, I saw this, but unfortunaltely whereas in dialup.conf the
>variable is '%{Sql-Group}', It seems i cannot re-use it outside of an
>sql module.

That is probably a bug then. Sql-Group should be available outside sql
module. I've used it in huntgroups in 1.1.7.

>I have even tried to add an update control directive to add
>a Tmp-String-0 (correctly expanded in the sql module) at the end of the
>sql module and so re-use it at the end of the aythorize section (outside
>sql module), but it doesn't work as it's expanded to an empty string...

That's OK. unlang doesn't work inside module configuration, only server
configuration.

>> You need to use lists with attributes in unlang (in this case attribute
>> is from control list) since default is request.
>>
>same result with "%{control:Tmp-String-0}".

Let's try a workaround. Get group name by executing query again in
authorize section:

update control {
   Tmp-String-0 := "%{sql:SELECT GroupName FROM radusergroup WHERE
UserName='%{User-Name}' ORDER BY priority}"
}

"%{control:Tmp-String-0}" will hold group name then.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP