Radius Proxy for Authorization

Lutrika Mufti Rachmat lrachmat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 05:12:57 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am very new to radius and need help to confirm the following.

I have an existing radius server running on Cisco ACS 4.2. In the current
configuration, all users are configured using priv ID 15. I wanted to setup
a proxy radius, where the proxy will relay an authentication and
authorization request to the Cisco ACS, but when relaying back the
authentication and authorization message back to the clients, I want to
overwrite the priv ID with something other than 15 (for eg, user XXX -> priv
14, user YYY -> priv10, etc).

Is there a way for me to do that? Or is this behavior is actually prohibited
by the standards?

Thanks in advance,

LMR