Suse SLES 10SP2 with freeradius 2.x

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Oct 28 08:29:59 CET 2008

Hi,

> found a 1.1.6-2.1 rpm and installed it. Now I will update to a newer
> version but there is no rpm for SLES 10 available. When I try to compile
> freeradius v. 2.x then there are problems with shared libraries they are
> not available in SLES. On a Opensuse 11.0 machine the 2.0.5 version runs
> fine and authenticate against edirectory.

they (libraries) are available for SLES - they are standard libraries
and headers- they just need to be installed.  to install freeradius
from source you will need the GCC compiler installed, make, automake, autoconf,
openssl-devel, etc.  basically, if you do the ./configure method, then
just grep the output for warnings...eg

./configure | grep WARN

you will see what it cannot find to make certain parts - so include
the required devel parts . if you dont want/need eg IKEv2 then dont worry.
if you want to SNMP of sniff etc, then install net-snmp packages (and
development libraries) and lib-pcap respectively.

alternatively, FreeRADIUS source comes with a SUSE .spec file for building with the rpmbuild system. use that.  post any errors to the list, other SUSE
folk can help you with this...

alan