problem with ip_pools -- revisited

Marco C. Coelho maillist1 at argontech.net
Tue Oct 28 23:17:42 CET 2008

I've been trying to get my second set up IP address' working.  The
main_pool works correctly.  main_pool2 does not appear to ever issue
more than 2 ip addresses.
you had previously mentioned:

Marco C. Coelho wrote:

> > No,  and I must be blind, because I have read the section and cannot
> > find mention of it.

  Sorry, the "redundant" section should do what you want.

  Alan DeKok.

I cannot find a redundant section in this radiusd.conf

my radiusd.conf contains:

 ippool main_pool {

    #  range-start,range-stop: The start and end ip
    #  addresses for the ip pool
    range-start = 64.202.227.1
    range-stop = 64.202.229.254

    #  netmask: The network mask used for the ip's
    netmask = 255.255.255.0

    #  cache-size: The gdbm cache size for the db
    #  files. Should be equal to the number of ip's
    #  available in the ip pool
    cache-size = 762

    # session-db: The main db file used to allocate ip's to clients
    session-db = ${raddbdir}/db.ippool

    # ip-index: Helper db index file used in multilink
    ip-index = ${raddbdir}/db.ipindex

    # override: Will this ippool override a Framed-IP-Address already set
    override = no

    # maximum-timeout: If not zero specifies the maximum time in seconds an
    # entry may be active. Default: 0
    maximum-timeout = 0
  }

  ippool main_pool2 {

    #  range-start,range-stop: The start and end ip
    #  addresses for the ip pool
    range-start = 64.202.237.1
    range-stop = 64.202.239.254

    #  netmask: The network mask used for the ip's
    netmask = 255.255.255.0

    #  cache-size: The gdbm cache size for the db
    #  files. Should be equal to the number of ip's
    #  available in the ip pool
    cache-size = 762

    # session-db: The main db file used to allocate ip's to clients
    session-db = ${raddbdir}/db.ippool2

    # ip-index: Helper db index file used in multilink
    ip-index = ${raddbdir}/db.ipindex2

    # override: Will this ippool override a Framed-IP-Address already set
    override = no

    # maximum-timeout: If not zero specifies the maximum time in seconds an
    # entry may be active. Default: 0
    maximum-timeout = 0
  }

**********************************It also has:

#  Accounting.  Log the accounting data.
#
accounting {
  #
  #  Create a 'detail'ed log of the packets.
  #  Note that accounting requests which are proxied
  #  are also logged in the detail file.
  detail
  main_pool
  main_pool2

**********************************It also has:

#  Post-Authentication
#  Once we KNOW that the user has been authenticated, there are
#  additional steps we can take.
post-auth {
  #  Get an address from the IP Pool.
  main_pool
  main_pool2
  #
  #  If you want to have a log of authentication replies,
  #  un-comment the following line, and the 'detail reply_log'
  #  section, above.