vsa and authenticate-only service-type

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Wed Oct 29 11:52:26 CET 2008

>I was trying to use the pam_radius module with the steel-belted-radius-server.
>This server does not send vsa's in the reply if i send an "authenticate only" in the access-request.
>is this really expected? any idea whether other radius servers be doing something like this?

You will have to ask them about what they are doing. Freeradius filters
Access-Reject and Accounting-Response in default configuration. There is
no filtering of Access-Accept for Authenticate-Only. Filtering can be
configured:

http://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/rlm_attr_filter.html

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP