problems with authorization PEAP - EAP-MSCHAPv2 clients [ SOLVED ]

Lukas Lisa lukas.lisa at stringdata.cz
Fri Oct 31 16:50:08 CET 2008

Hi all,
problem is in 3com switch. I found in 3com
knowledge base a record about similar 3com
Baseline switches and only EAP not PEAP is
supported.

This ugly device also doesn't allow to pass
through auth traffic for another connected
devices. Is not possible to authorize via
IEEE 802.1x wifi AP when RADIUS and AP uplink
is connected into 3com switch.

If dlink switch is used instead, everything
works fine.

AVOID 3com baseline switches!

thanks for all replies
Lukas Lisa