Radius --> Openldap auth: Failed to validate the user

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 1 09:46:18 CEST 2008

Hi,
> If I understand this correctly, each user who would like to
> authenticated would require those access rights and not only laurence?

no. you dont use the login user to do the binding, you use
a special user. for testing, you can use root, but for production
I'd advice to use a special account that has almost the same
level as root - but without eg delete and make credentials.

no further support on this from me as its not FreeRADIUS,
its LDAP - go and ask on LDAP lists.

alan