CISCO VPN + FREERADIUS + CERTIFICATES

Gabriel Starczewski g.starczewski at netshock.pl
Mon Sep 1 15:29:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

I successfully set up radius-based authentication with mysql database
and local database of a cisco router. Nevertheless It would the most
desirable for me to be able to take advantage of certificates to
accomplish user authentication. I tried with eap but can not get it
work. I looked for the howto on the Internet but nowhere find a
solution? Is it possible just to use certs or do they have to be
incorporated in some authentication mechanism, if they do what is the
best ( easiest) one to set up with cisco router 2800? -  any help
appreciated

freeradius 1.1.3
cisco router 2800

Regards,