Unknown AVPs

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 3 01:37:44 CEST 2008

Jeffrey Sewell wrote:
>>  Hm... unknown attributes should be printed as Vendor-123-Attr-456.
>
> I'm going off the raw tcpdump view, maybe they get translated at a
> higher level. I'll re-check.

  Ah, OK.  FreeRADIUS does that translation when it prints the
attributes to the detail file.

  And I'd suggest running wireshark rather than tcpdump.  Wireshark has
imported the FreeRADIUS dictionaries, and understands a lot more
attributes than tcpdump does.

> So could I pull in any dictionary entry based on number? What's the
> syntax for that?

  See "man dictionary" and/or the sample dictionary files for the format
of the FreeRADIUS dictionary files.