RADIUS Administration interface

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 3 16:05:51 CEST 2008

  I've added a RADIUS administration interface to the latest git tree.
It's experimental (i.e. VERY), and has little authentication or
authorization.  It's purpose is to test the concepts, and to see if it's
what users want.

  Server configuration: raddb/sites-available/control-socket

  Client: radmin

  You get a prompt, and not much else.  Typing "help" gets you some
information:

radmin> help
hup [module] - sends a HUP signal to the server, or optionally to one module
terminate - terminates the server, and causes it to exit
show <command> - do sub-command of show
set <command> - do sub-command of set

  You can HUP the server, ask it to stop, see the configuration of a
module, show the list of loaded modules.   As an interesting note, you
can also *change* parts of the configuration of a running system.  And
then hup *just* one module, rather than the whole server.  And then
maybe the server crashes. :)

  Don't use this in production.  Once it's a little more developed,
we'll add features like "authentication" of the users on the
administration interface.  And "command authorization".