Problems with the authentication of users and certificates TLS

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Sep 3 21:54:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Well, I have progressed a bit in the installation of RADIUS EAP TLS.
> what I did was install the version FreeRADIUS-1.0.4.tar.gz on my server,

whoa. stop there.

today is the 3rd of sept 2008. the current release of
FreeRADIUS is 2.0.5

the last 1.x release was 1.1.7

so the question os why have you installed, today, an obsolete
version of the server and then written to the list to ask for
support?

regarding EAP - if you want to use eg PEAP, you _can_ connect
with no RADIUS cert on the client - IF the client has been
configured to not bother checking certs. great for testing
but an absolute no-no for a production system.

alan