VSA byte issue with Redback attribute

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Wed Sep 3 23:00:10 CEST 2008

>I edited the dictionary because they want that the reply exactly match
>this string "Redback-Subscriber-Profile-Name"

VSAs are sent encoded as attribute number not their names (so "matching
that string" doesn't make sense). You can rename the attribute, let's
say 91, in your server's dictionary to Pretender and return attribute
Pretender in the reply. Once it reaches the client it will be decoded to
what attribute name is for 91 in client's dictionary.

>The Attribute 91 is present on the first part of the dictionary as
>"Red-Profile-name"

It's Sub-Profile-Name in 2.0.5 dictionary.

>So I added it at the end of the list :
>ATTRIBUTE   Redback-Subscriber-Profile-Name   152   string

That's not going to work. Client will not be able to decode that entry.
It will not have attribute 152 in it's dictionary.

>So maybe with attribute number 91 it will work better ?

Yes. You don't need to bother with renaming it. Just return the
attribute name that is in the dictionary for attribute 91.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP