hotspot radius differens

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Thu Sep 4 19:28:20 CEST 2008

>hello
>can anyone tell me the difference between hotspot system and radius servers
>in hotspot system client connecting directly to the ap then when they want to connect
>explorer open a page that ask username and password

.. which are then authenticated by radius server :-p
(OK, it can be done against local file as well)

Difference is in NAS choice of protocols: captive portals tend to use
chap, while APs tend to use eap methods.

>i ask this question becauser still i cant understant the certificates,
>am i have to install certificates on client rather i use mschapv2 in documents it says
>peap dont need to client side certificates, because windows have it from sp1
>we already have sp2 but when try to connect it doesnt,

http://wiki.freeradius.org/FAQ#It_still_doesn.27t_work.21

peap doesn't need client certificates but if you are using self-signed
certificates you need to import CA certificate to user machines.

http://deployingradius.com/

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP