Cisco VPN Server 3000 + Radius + LDAP = heeelp!!

Osvaldo Campos M. - Administrador Red STI ocampos at sti.uchile.cl
Tue Sep 9 00:06:07 CEST 2008

Hi people:

First of all, sorry but my english is not good.

 I'm newie in FreeRadius and I am in a hurry with Cisco VPN Server 3000,
FreeRadius and LDAP, to permit vpn user's access.

When vpn users connect (with "Cisco VPN Client"), Radius consult to LDAP
if user exist. If exist, then user can connect to vpn. If not, can't
connect. This works well.

Now, also I should assign IP addresses according to an LDAP attribute.
For example, if attribute==1 assign 10.0.0.10/24, if attribute==2 assign
10.0.0.20/24.

I try to assign IP addresses with "ippool module" and filters in the
"ldap module" in FreeRadius, but it doesn't work.

How can I work with many ippool's according to a value of LDAP
attribute? Where should I ask for the attribute value in order to assign
the corresponding ippool?.  Please, help me with that.

My config is something like that:

In the radius.conf file...
ldap vpnldap1 {
    server = "x.x.x.x"
    identity = "cn=Directory Manager"
    password = **********
    basedn = "ou=People, dc:blah, dc=cl"
    filter = "(&(uid=%u)(attribute=1))"
    authtype = ldap
    set_asuth_type = yes
}
ldap vpnldap2 {
    server = "x.x.x.x"
    identity = "cn=Directory Manager"
    password = **********
    basedn = "ou=People, dc:blah, dc=cl"
    filter = "(&(uid=%u)(attribute=2))"
    authtype = ldap
    set_asuth_type = yes
authorize {
    files
    Autz-Type LDAPVPN1 {
        vpnldap1
    }
    Autz-Type LDAPVPN2 {
        vpnldap2
authentication {
    Auth-Type LDAPVPN1 {
        vpnldap1
    }
    Auth-Type LDAPVPN2 {
        vpnldap2
ippool vpnusers1 {
    range-start    = 10.0.0.10
    range-stop    = 10.0.0.19
    netmask        = 255.255.255.0
    cache-size    = 10
    session-db    = ${raddbdir}/db.vpnusers1-session
    ip-index        = ${raddbdir}/db.vpnusers1-index
    override        = yes
ippool vpnusers2 {
    range-start    = 10.0.0.20
    range-stop    = 10.0.0.29
    netmask        = 255.255.255.0
    cache-size    = 10
    session-db    = ${raddbdir}/db.vpnusers2-session
    ip-index        = ${raddbdir}/db.vpnusers2-index
    override        = yes
In the user file...
(i don`t know how to configure this file to several "Ippool".... I think
that here's the problem)

DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = "y.y.y.y", Auth-Type :=LDAPVPN1, AUTZ-Type
:=LDAPVPN1, Pool-Name :=vpnusers1
DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = "y.y.y.y", Auth-Type :=LDAPVPN2, AUTZ-Type
:=LDAPVPN2, Pool-Name :=vpnusers2
# y.y.y.y= address of VPN Server

In the ldap.attrmap...
checkItem    vpnusers1    attribute