Version 2.1.0 has been released.

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Sep 9 12:02:38 CEST 2008

Phil Mayers wrote:
> Alan DeKok wrote:
>> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>>> Didn't you alter the parser slightly to allow just:

>>>    %{debug:2}
>>
>>   Err, yes.  But that's horrible syntax, and I don't think it will stay.

It's not a horrible syntax it's useful syntax, especially when being
used with horrible hacks such as this... makes them less horrible. It's
also good for making arbitrary calls to modules when you don't care
about the return value, such as sql insert and update statements (if the
SQL module supported xlated insert and update statements).

Having to wrap the whole thing in an update stanza and having to assign
the return value to a temporary string, now that's horrible syntax.

> if (condition) {
>   call debug 2
> }
>
> Might also be useful for:
>
> post-auth {
>   call sql "insert into blah ..."
> }
I don't see that extra syntax is required...

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk),
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer,