How to modify dialup.conf for each virtual server?

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Sep 9 15:01:09 CEST 2008

>Can't I change the way it's look into MySQL table? Even this comming
>with User-Name I can't look for the value in another field? This is a
>MySQL query, not the way it came... i hope... :)

You have three options:

- fill your database with (useless) data and try to change rlm_sql code
and queries in order to match up requests and data. Don't expect much
help there - if you want to customize the database you should know what
you are doing. It is quite likely that this will render that sql
instance (and possibly whole sql module) useless for any other request
apart form mac auth.

You will need to:

rewrite value of User-Name into Calling-Station-Id

pull new User-Name from the database (WHERE
Attribute='Calling-Sattion-Id' and Value='%{User-Name})

fix code in rlm_sql where this brakes it

or:

- authenticate with a special script (perl or such). Adjust queries for
this type of authentication as much as you like without affecting other
authentication types. You can use multiple queries to match up data and
request. Easier and more sensible than above.

or:

- fill your database with correct data - what you expect to come in
User-Name field should be used as UserName etc. No adjustments needed.
mac auth works together with other authentication types.

Take your pick.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP