another 2.1.0 compile error

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 9 20:49:07 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 19:43 +0100, John Horne wrote:

> Does something a bit more generic like 'yum list *td*' show you a list
> of installed and available packages? It works for me on CentOS 5.2,

AAAUGH! I got it figured out. I was in the freeradius-server directory
when I tried this, so it turns out that "libtool*" and "*tdl*" actually
match directory names, so bash wasn't passing the wildcard to yum. Maybe
csh wasn't so wrong to always assume an unquoted wildcard meant you were
file globbing. Cost me a couple hours of wasted time (not to mention
looking like a moron on the list :-)

--Greg