AD Username sensitivity

Charlie B cbwonderboy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 18:32:58 CEST 2008

Hello,

I just wanted to ask how you guys are dealing with the seemingly case
sensitive nature of AD 2003 (Pre-Windows 2000 Username) with radius?

Are you guys using a different attribute instead of sAMAccount or a module
to lowercase/initial caps the username?

Running:
freeradius-krb5-2.0.5-2.fc9.i386
freeradius-ldap-2.0.5-2.fc9.i386
freeradius-2.0.5-2.fc9.i386
freeradius-utils-2.0.5-2.fc9.i386
freeradius-libs-2.0.5-2.fc9.i386

samba-common-3.2.1-0.18.fc9.i386
samba-3.2.1-0.18.fc9.i386
samba-winbind-3.2.1-0.18.fc9.i386
samba-client-3.2.1-0.18.fc9.i386

Everything works great except when a user tries to validate with a username
case not exactly that of AD.  I also realize this is much more a AD issue
but I can't find any information as to what I need to change in GP or
registry to correct this behavior.

A link or your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks