Cisco VPN Server 3000 + Radius + LDAP = heeelp!!

Osvaldo Campos M. - Administrador Red STI ocampos at sti.uchile.cl
Wed Sep 10 22:42:20 CEST 2008

Sorry, but I don't understand very well.

For that you understand our "scenario", we have an LDAP server with
users that are all in oneself branch. All these users have the attribute
"PostOfficeBox". We will use this attribute as the group attribute(i.e.,
to makes the difference between user's types). For example, if
PostOfficeBox=00000001 then the user belongs to Sales, if
PostOfficeBox=00000002 then the user belongs to Marketing.

So, what we need is assign addresses to vpn users according to
PostOfficeBox value.

My config in the ldap.attrmap is something like that... (This is what
you said??? Is correct???)
    checkItem    $GENERIC$   radiusCheckItem
    replyItem      $GENERIC$   radiusReplyItem
    checkItem    vpnusers1       PostOfficeBox    #vpnusers1 and
vpnusers2 are the ippools
    checkItem    vpnusers2       PostOfficeBox    #PostOfficeBox is the
LDAP attribute

In the user file...
    DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = "y.y.y.y", Auth-Type :=LDAPVPN1, AUTZ-Type
:=LDAPVPN1, Pool- Name :=vpnusers1
    DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = "y.y.y.y", Auth-Type :=LDAPVPN2, AUTZ-Type
:=LDAPVPN2, Pool-Name :=vpnusers2
                # y.y.y.y= address of VPN Server

In the radius.conf
 ldap vpnldap1 {
   server = "x.x.x.x"
   identity = "cn=Directory Manager"
   password = **********
   basedn = "ou=People, dc:blah, dc=cl"
   filter = "(&(uid=%u)(PostOfficeBox=00000001))"
   authtype = ldap
   set_asuth_type = yes
}
 ldap vpnldap2 {
   server = "x.x.x.x"
   identity = "cn=Directory Manager"
   password = **********
   basedn = "ou=People, dc:blah, dc=cl"
   filter = "(&(uid=%u)(PostOfficeBox=00000002))"
   authtype = ldap
   set_asuth_type = yes
 authorize {
   files
   Autz-Type LDAPVPN1 {
       vpnldap1
   }
   Autz-Type LDAPVPN2 {
       vpnldap2
 authentication {
   Auth-Type LDAPVPN1 {
       vpnldap1
   }
   Auth-Type LDAPVPN2 {
       vpnldap2
 ippool vpnusers1 {
   range-start    = 10.0.0.10
   range-stop    = 10.0.0.19
   netmask        = 255.255.255.0
   cache-size    = 10
   session-db    = ${raddbdir}/db.vpnusers1-session
   ip-index        = ${raddbdir}/db.vpnusers1-index
   override        = yes
 ippool vpnusers2 {
   range-start    = 10.0.0.20
   range-stop    = 10.0.0.29
   netmask        = 255.255.255.0
   cache-size    = 10
   session-db    = ${raddbdir}/db.vpnusers2-session
   ip-index        = ${raddbdir}/db.vpnusers2-index
   override        = yes
}

  Please help me with that, because I don't know what's wrong in my
config.

Thanks so much.

Osvaldo H. Campos Molina
Administrador de Red