Unknown AVPs

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 17 21:20:49 CEST 2008

Jeffrey Sewell wrote:
> So, for example I have a dictionary entry that says this:
>
> ATTRIBUTE       Acct-Session-Time       46      integer none    in
> single

  ?  That's not a FreeRADIUS dictionary file.  The "none in single"
portion is... not what we use.

> And a wireshark dump that says this:
>
> AVP: 1=15 t=Unknown(24757) t=Unknown-Attribute(46): 0000000200003

  Ah.  WiMAX BS-Id.

> So how do I get the value of that "Unknown-Attribute" into a column in
> the db?

  Grab the latest code from git.freeradius.org.  Or wait a day or so for
2.1.1.  It has native support for decoding WiMAX attributes.  It
includes a WiMAX dictionary.  And lots more.

> I'm probably missing something obvious, but can't see it.

  I feel bad, but "upgrade" is too often the answer to problems on this
list.  It's not that previous versions are so bad, it's that the pace of
development is too fast.