freeradius 2.1.0 default mysql schema don't have nasidentifier table

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Sep 24 09:13:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

>   This is the first time in almost 10 years that anyone has said it's
> important.

There may be (few) places where it is important. E.g. we get accouting
tickets from a DSL provider through a NAT on their side, and all
accounting tickets have the same Client-IP-Address and no
NAS-IP-Address. NAS-Identifier is the only attribute that enables us to
see from which device exactly the ticket comes from - and the device
coincides with geographic location, and it helps in debugging if we can
tell where a probem originates.

>   And if it is important for you, you can edit the
> configuration to add it.

And I did exactly that. :-) Anyway, it would be a small change to the
schema and queries... I also wouldn't mind having it in by default. But
I don't care enough to submit a patch.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--