MSSQL with IPPOOL

Xiaochen Jing xjing at datavalet.com
Wed Sep 24 22:37:09 CEST 2008

Thanks Alan,

I am using 2.0.5.

Like I said, I have three tables defined in MSSQL, usergroup table, radcheck
table and radgroupcheck table. I have GroupName and Pool-Name defined in
radgroupcheck table.

If I put two attributes (Cleartext-Password and Pool-Name) in radcheck
table, in two lines, with the same UserName, it works. User gets
authenticated and IP.

If I put Pool-Name attribute in radgroupcheck table, then user only get
authenticated, no IP.

Here is the whole debug.

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 172.16.1.5 port 4523, id=8,
length=51
        User-Name = "sqltestuser"
        User-Password = "sqltesting"
+- entering group authorize
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "sqltestuser", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[unix] returns notfound
++[files] returns noop
        expand: %{User-Name} -> sqltestuser
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'sqltestuser'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
        expand: SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE
Username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' ORDER BY id -> SELECT
id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE Username = 'sqltestuser'
ORDER BY id
query:  SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE Username =
'sqltestuser' ORDER BY id
rlm_sql (sql): User found in radcheck table
        expand: SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE
Username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' ORDER BY id -> SELECT
id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE Username = 'sqltestuser'
ORDER BY id
query:  SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE Username =
'sqltestuser' ORDER BY id
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
++[sql] returns ok
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
++[pap] returns updated
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type
auth: type "PAP"
+- entering group PAP
rlm_pap: login attempt with password "sqltesting"
rlm_pap: Using clear text password "sqltesting"
rlm_pap: User authenticated successfully
++[pap] returns ok
+- entering group post-auth
rlm_ippool: Could not find Pool-Name attribute.
++[netplus] returns noop
rlm_sql (sql): Processing sql_postauth
        expand: %{User-Name} -> sqltestuser
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'sqltestuser'
++[sql] returns noop
Sending Access-Accept of id 8 to 172.16.1.5 port 4523
Finished request 0.
Going to the next request
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
Cleaning up request 0 ID 8 with timestamp +10
Ready to process requests.