Freeradius free zone/content accounting

islouis louis at ofh.com.au
Mon Sep 29 05:00:11 CEST 2008

Hi all:

I'm new to freeradius. Really need some help and advice here.

I want to set up a LAN with 100 client, if the client want to access the LAN
service(local server, local media/web) is free and/Or not count in
freeradius, but if the client want to access the WAN, the freeradius will
count for those traffic.

Is there any way i can distinguish the traffic couting base on ip or LAN/WAN
in freeradius?

Or is there any NAS can do this?

My network setup at the moment is

Local client PPPOE router-->Switch-->freeradius+mysql+pppoe+pptpd-->ADSL
router to WAN

                                     LAN server

Many thanks for any advice and help!!!

Louis