Reject from SQL when user is in users file

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Mon Sep 29 17:13:30 CEST 2008

Anyway, this is the first of three *actual* questions.

I have just set up freeradius 2.1.1. I have an entry in the users file,
and when I use radtest, I get the expected correct answers back from the
radius server.

Then I added "sql" to the default authorize, accounting and post-auth
sections in site-enabled/default. The database exists, but not the
tables. The server makes connections to the database just fine, but
obviously all queries fail :-)

Now I get Accept-Reject for the same user. The users file is the same.
No changes have been made to the configuration except adding the SQL
stuff. If *just* the "sql" lines in the authorize section and the
post-auth section are commented out, it goes back to working.

My question is: Is this to be expected? Does a failure in SQL somehow
override the entry in the users file? Or is this an indication that I've
screwed something else up?

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)                   +61-2-64957160 (h)

GPG fingerprint: DD23 0DF3 2260 3060 7FEC 5CA8 1AF6 D9E3 CFEE 6B28