eap ttls certificate config

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 30 16:11:16 CEST 2008

Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:
> Actually I wasn't suggesting that it is a bug,

  A core dump is a bug.  The files I suggested you read contain
instructions that help us fix the bug.

> my inital question is how
> one can use that CA_path directive
> and what the CA_path should contain .
> If it's a bug, then I should rather update my freeradius-2.0.3-3.el5 to
> 2.1.1 or so ?

  I would suggest trying that.

> but I'am surprise to be the only one having that problem .
> indeed I do have a /usr/share/doc/freeradius-2.0.3 directory containing
> docs
> but nothing on the CA_path directive, neither in bugs,ChangeLog,rlm_eap
> or any other file.

  How about eap.conf?  The CA path is a path to a directory containing
certs and CRL's.  This is *documented* in eap.conf.

> My initial question is: "how to configure eap.conf tls section to load a
> multi-level certificate hierarchy (CA bundle)"  ?

  Include the certificates in the CA_path directory.