SQL xlat not working

Eric Geier me at egeier.com
Wed Apr 1 16:35:13 CEST 2009

> >I've googled for it. Plus someone here had mentioned "rlm_raw and use
> it
> >with a SQL xlat rule". I think I'm doing that, but it's not working.
> Please
> >let me know what might be holding it up.
> >

> Lack of rlm_raw? That doesn't come with the server.

But even without using a raw attribute, the SQL xlat rule doesn't work, such
as:

client 192.168.0.1/32 {
	secret	= "%{sql:SELECT secret FROM APs WHERE NAS-Identifier='blah'"
	shortname	= testnet
}

When googling, I think I found that when using LDAP, I would have to change
a setting to get this working....I didn't find a similar setting for SQL.

> >> You can load clients from nas table. See read_clients setting near
> the
> >> end of sql.conf file.
> >
> >That may work, but could I have the Name field represent something
> besides
> >the IP, like the NAS-Identifier?
>
> No. Unless you alter source code. Patches are welcome.

Is there a how to I can read to learn about this?