RFC 5090 support

Andrew Krywaniuk askrywan at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:42:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have installed version 2.1.4 of FreeRadius server and I am trying to configure digest authentication for HTTP (not SIP) as per RFC 5090. In searching through the archives/wiki, I found one message from Alan stating that  dictionary.rfc5090 is disabled by default because it's not supported by the server, and another message saying that "there are patches but they are not included in the main stream yet".  Are the patches available for download anywhere? I haven't been able to find them (I don't mind if they are alpha quality).

Another thing is that I can't even get FreeRadius to decode the digest attributes. If I $INCLUDE dictionary.rfc5090 in the master dictionary file, I get the following error at startup:

'including dictionary file /usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary
Errors reading dictionary: dict_init: /usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary.freeradius.internal[93]: dict_init: /usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary.freeradius.internal[93]:'

I understand that the attributes are not supported yet, but I'm not sure why just including the dictionary file causes a fatal error while loading the configuration.

BTW, I noticed that the list of custom attributes in the dictionary.fortinet file is out of date. Here is an updated list:

ATTRIBUTE    Fortinet-Group-Name            1    string
ATTRIBUTE    Fortinet-Client-IP-Address        2    ipaddr
ATTRIBUTE    Fortinet-Vdom-Name            3    string
ATTRIBUTE    Fortinet-Client-IPv6-Address    4    octets
ATTRIBUTE    Fortinet-Interface-Name    5    string
ATTRIBUTE    Fortinet-Access-Profile    6    string

Andrew