Windows XP hangs forever during PEAP auth on freeradius withwinbind/AD backend

john lists.john at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 23:00:33 CEST 2009

> Let's not. Updated howto is on:
>
> http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html

Thanks for the updated howto.

I followed and it and can successfully complete every step except the
last, (e.g. the one where I must use a windows client to send an
MS-CHAP authentication request).

As a side note when I do ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --domain=VANGUARD
--username=raduser --password=testing123

I get
NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0)

The howto you sent me says "If all goes well, you should see
authentication succeeding (NT_STATUS_OK). You should also see the
NT_KEY output, which is needed in order for FreeRADIUS to perform
MS-CHAP authentication." I (0x0) the output being referred to or is
something missing here?

> Have you imported CA certificate (ca.der) onto the client?
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

I have imported the ca.der onto the client (allowing Windows to
automatically choose where to palce it) but still no joy. Likely I
have the client configured incorrectly. In fact, I am having a great
deal of trouble getting the network adapter to reliably make a request
to the free radius server. Any advice is much appreciated.

John