of Mac and Men

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Apr 7 13:11:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

thanks for the list

I can confirm all of these issues.  Also, if you have WPA/AES turned
on, then the Mac wont touch the lovely WPA2/AES - ie it wont do 802.11n
properly.  if you reratify the wifi so you only do WPA/TKIP and WPA2/AES
then the Mac is a _little_ happier

I can also confirm the DHCP issu e- if you set the client ID then the Mac
gets a DHCP address faster. not the speed expected...but faster.
(we use ISC DHCPD and I've been looking for ANYTHING that will
speed the Mac client up!)

we've put in another Cisco TAC case regarding Apple kit. I blame
cisco as much as apple (the apple stuff works in different ways on
Trapeze and netgear APs)

back onto topic: I've noticed RADIUS stuff on the Mac is quite
sucky...it seems to go through PEAP or TTLS at least once too
many times. almost like its ignoring a reply or 'having another go'
- is this something engineered into the OS so they work better with
Airports ? :-(

alan