LDAP with fallback on local authentication?

Justin Steward althalus87 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:45:51 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>wrote:

> Justin Steward wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply. Since SQL modules can't go in authenticate, this
> > would have to be in authorize, yes? How then, would I get the reply
> > attributes out of the SQL database? Or am I misunderstanding something?
>
>   Maybe you could describe exactly what you want to do.

I want to return some radius reply attributes from an SQL database, check
the user's password against an openLDAP server (maybe a Windows Server
running AD at some point in the future), and if possible fall back against a
password stored in a MySQL database. (Though this password may not always be
entirely up to date, so it's only for if the user either doesn't exist in
the directory or the LDAP server is temporarily unavailable)

~Justin