LDAP with fallback on local authentication?

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Sun Apr 12 20:48:39 CEST 2009

 > You've mentioned a few times that LDAP is not meant for authentication,
however the default config that ships with FreeRADIUS has LDAP in
> the authentication section. Could you clear that up a little for me
please? (or point me to somewhere it's been cleared up before?)

 Don't force Auth-Type Ldap.

But you will have to use two sql instances - one to store reply info and one
to store backup passwords. You can't store passwords in sql (used for reply
attributes) and ldap as well.
authorize {
sql_reply
ldap