Offloading password verification

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Mon Apr 13 16:22:27 CEST 2009

>I was thinking I could use the perl module to achieve this; but am a little
lost with where to start (writing the perl script is fine).

Just pass $RAD_REQUEST User-Name and User-Password to the API and set
Auth-Type to Accept or Reject according to the reply from it.

>I guess the point of my post is how to keep all the attributes in MySQL and
only offload the password to the API

Just remove the password from the database and lave rest as it is. You can
list perl in authorize or make Auth-Type perl and than force it. Listing in
authorize gives you more options if something goes wrong with remote
authentication.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP