Detail file polling issues

JDL JDL at ImagineNet.net
Mon Apr 13 19:53:53 CEST 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   On top of that, your configuration clearly logs to the detail file
> *twice*.  Once when the packet is read from the network, and then again
> when it's read from the detail file.

I assume you are referring to this

server acct_detail.imaginenet {
        accounting {
                detail
                detail.imaginenet

I was logging the accounting packets twice to try to locate the missing
information. The listener should only see the second one which writes to
the listener directory, correct?
>   The solution is simple:
>
> 1) Don't write to the detail file twice.
I have commented out ALL detail lines from all active configuration
files (including sites-enabled/default) except for the one that
corresponds to the robust-proxy-accounting example.
>   See
> raddb/sites-available/robust-proxy-accounting.
My configuration matches robust-proxy-accounting as much as it can and
still work in my site (see attached).
> Note that the listen
> section that reads from the detail file is in a virtual server.  AND the
> "accounting" section for that virtual server does NOT log to the detail
> file.

The accounting section for that virtual server matches
robust-proxy-acounting. <cid:part1.04050609.01060002 at ImagineNet.net>
> 2) Ensure that only the "accounting" section is logging to the detail
> file, and not any others.

Done.

The files are still being deleted when the home accounting server is
down. I have attached my site configuration.

Jim L.