rlm_perl behavior

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos regs at kinetix.gr
Wed Apr 15 10:06:16 CEST 2009

Were you also depending on the rlm_perl threads to
make connections to multiple DBs? I know that I can
make an array of db handlers within one perl thread
and use them interchangeably, but the functionality
I had in the 2.0.x release where every perl thread
had its own connection to the DBs and the queries
were executed simultaneously was much better. I am getting
the feeling that I am loosing in parallelism.

I understand that there may some benefits in the current
implementation (2.1.x) such as less threads, smaller memory
footprint etc. but why change something that has been tested
and working in the first place?

Borislav Dimitrov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just subscribed so I won't be able to quote properly but I hope at
> least the message is associated with the right thread (I found it on the
> web archive of the mailing list). I've been using FreeRADIUS for about 4
> year now and it is a wonderful product - there's no question why you're
> No 1! For the past years of using and developing rlm_perl modules for
> FreeRADIUS, I've only been astonished and happy because of the new
> functionalities etc that the development team have been adding to the
> new releases. This all ended with this crippling-
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos
Kinetix Tele.com R & D
email: regs at kinetix.gr