Freeradius 2 , TTLS/PAP, multiples questions

Jérôme BERTHIER jerome.berthier at inria.fr
Fri Apr 17 16:28:29 CEST 2009

Alan DeKok a écrit :
> Jérôme BERTHIER wrote:
>
>> Sorry. It means that when the NAS asks for reauthentification (after
>> reauth-period timeout has expired), clients won't stop trying to
>> re-connect using session resumption option again and again....
>> Here, an extract from freeradius debug :
>> [ttls] eaptls_process returned 3
>> [ttls] Skipping Phase2 due to session resumption
>> [ttls] FAIL: Forcibly stopping session resumption as it is not allowed.
>>

>   What's "reauth-period"?
>
>   If the session cache is enabled, then the entries should be deleted
> after "lifetime" hours.  Once the entries are deleted, they will not be
> in the cache, and attempts to re-used the cached session should cause a
> re-negotiation.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

reauth-period is a NAS parameter. It specifies period after
reauthentification is needed.
When no cache is enabled on radius (eap.conf / cache / enable=no),
clients using NetworkManager are not able to re-negociate
authentification because they are always trying to resume their session.
I can't find any option to fix that on the client.

--
Jérôme BERTHIER
INRIA Bordeaux - Sud-Ouest