failover and load balancing

Borislav Dimitrov b.dimitrov at ngsystems.net
Fri Apr 17 22:30:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

Kalik's advices are very good - just to add some words:
Certainly such a failover is achieved on the client side. NAS's have
options to do that. On Cisco VoIP routers e.g.you can do it with the
RADIUS groups. You can have broadcast groups to achieve redundancy -
send the requests to multiple RADIUS servers and normal failover
groups. There are examples in the FreeRADIUS docs but check the NASs
manuals too. You can usually configure also parameters like timeouts,
retransmits etc