automatic radcheck user addition - is it possible?

Derek C derekfreeradius at hssl.ie
Mon Apr 20 14:35:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've had a great success using freeradius with Coova Chilli to make a wifi
hotspot and authenticate users by Mac address (so that users see a
"splash" page and then click to gain Internet access).

Now I'm wondering if its possible to make freeradius insert an unknown
(and, therefore, normally unauthenticated) user into the
radcheck/radusergroup tables IF they don't already exist in there?

I'm interested in doing this so that I can transparently use freeradius to
monitor Internet usage (by mac address again) without needing them to use
my web ["splash"] pages at all (so that web access isn't necessary).

thanks for any help!

Derek