User-Name Attribute Lost When Reading Listener File

JDL JDL at ImagineNet.net
Tue Apr 21 16:18:34 CEST 2009

I have found a problem when FR reads back accounting data from the
listener server. It seems that the User-Name attribute is being lost
under certain circumstances. My guess is that it is related to the ":="
operator that is being user since the User-Name was rewritten by the
hints file prior to accounting.

Snip from detail.work file.

        User-Name := "xxxxxxxx at myfol.com"
        NAS-Port = 84082688
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP

Snip from radiusd -X

detail_recv: Read packet from /var/log/radius/radacct/ImagineNet/detail.work
        NAS-Port = 84082688
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP

Notice that the User-Name attribute is missing. It is not out of order
either (further down in the debug file).

I shut down FR and modified the User-Name operator on all of the
listener files to be "=" and it seems to work fine.

detail_recv: Read packet from /var/log/radius/radacct/ImagineNet/detail.work
        User-Name = "xxxxxxxx at myfol.com"
        NAS-Port = 84082688
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP

I have tried FreeRADIUS 2.1.4 and a 2.1.5 pre release running on CentOS 5.3.

Jim