sql.conf failover readclients=yes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 21 21:37:32 CEST 2009

leopold wrote:
> Could you please add this as a feature request for the next release and
> solve it properly?

  I have a long list of new features, and a short amount of time.

> The major issue is that if we ignore error of NAS table loading at startup
> time then it will never recover and load NAS when DB becomes availlable
> again in runtime.

  That requires *more* code. "try to load at startup, but if that fails,
try to load again later".  The main problem is that if it can't load the
clients at startup, then there is the chance that it will ignore *all*
clients.

  I understand that you want this feature, but will you answer all of
the questions from people who configure one SQL server.. and then get
surprised when they have no RADIUS clients, because the SQL server is down?

> But al least in this case if it succeeds to read NAS info from the redundant
> database then it will cache it and continue loading other modules.
> As far as I understand to add/modify NAS information in runtime we still
> need to recycle radiusd process as even HUP does not help.

  No.  You can dynamically add clients.  See
raddb/sites-available/dynamic-clients.

> What do you think if we comment out this code until the real solution comes?
> rlm_sql.c

  <shrug>  If it works for you, use it.  You have access to the source
code.  And with git, it is *trivial* to keep local branches with your
local changes.